– Update On 20-June-2021
Information we collect
When a visitor (Parent or you) visit the Site or use the App, we collect and store certain information in order to improve security, trend analysis and to provide better user experience. We use this information to evaluate traffic patterns on our Website / App, so that we can make it more useful to our user.
While registering and when a user express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, we collect Personal Data. We collect personal information and usage information when a user (Parent, Teacher, School or You) downloads and uses the App/ website, including:
- User Information – When you sign up for an account on the ISSSCHOOL website or app, we collect your name, email address, phone number, IP address, Billing Information (Debit card number, credit card number and billing address), username or password, user review, preferences, surveys. We may collect additional information (Chat log, call recording, cookies, log files) from you if you contact our technical support team, send us an email, complete a user survey, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Information you provide about your child. During account registration, we ask you to provide the name and age of your child. We recommend you select a silly name for your child’s user name, and do not use your child’s real name, for additional security purposes. We do not ask for or collect any additional personal information from your child.
Usage of the collected information
- Operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of our App.
- Personalise your experience while using the App, including on various devices you use to access the App. For instance, we may remember your recent activity so we can recommend the most appropriate lesson videos and content for you on your next visit.
- Communicate with you about your account and account activity (such as your child’s progress) and to respond to inquiries. From time to time, we may also use your information to send you emails about iSSSCHOOL and our websites and services that may be of interest to you.
- Understand and analyse the usage trends, behaviours, and preferences of our users, to improve and develop relevant functionalities.
Sharing and disclosing information
We care deeply about the privacy of our users. We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties for their own purposes without your consent. We share or disclose your personal information only as needed to provide our service and in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers – We may share information with our trusted vendors, third party service providers, and individuals to provide services or products for us or on our behalf, which may include hosting, email delivery, product delivery to your address and business administration or professional services (e.g., legal advisors, accountants). When we share personal information with third party service providers or vendors, these third parties are contractually obligated to maintain the security and confidentiality of that personal information.
- Aggregate or de-identified information – We may share information in aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual.
- We may disclose personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of iSSSCHOOL , our users or the public; or (e) as required or permitted by law.Marketing, advertising and email communications
Marketing, advertising and email communications
Email communications – iSSSCHOOL may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services, or products and services we think you may enjoy. Only iSSSCHOOL (or our vendors or service providers operating on our behalf) will send you these emails. You can choose not to receive these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email. Please note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, changes or updates to features of the App, or technical or security notices.
Interest based advertising – We do not permit third parties to collect information about your use of the iSSSCHOOL App for the purpose of sending you targeted advertisements on other websites or applications. Although we are unable to recognise “Do Not Track” signals set by your browser, we do not engage in activities which track our users across other websites or mobile apps over time.
However, outside of the iSSSCHOOL app, we may engage in interest-based advertising to deliver online advertisements about our website or App and may use third party advertising companies to serve targeted advertisements on other websites, apps or services, including on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and other social networks. These advertisements are not based on the personal information we collect from you or on your activities on our App, though you may see one of these advertisements based on your activities on other websites or services.
Access, Update, or Delete your personal information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update or delete your personal information.
We may not be able to delete information in all instances, such as information retained in technical support logs and other business records. We may retain information which has been de-identified or disassociated with personal identifiers such that it can no longer be used to reasonably identify a particular individual.
Data security is very important to us. We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and other information we maintain in connection with our website and App. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and will notify you of the security incident in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Protection of Children’s privacy
Our App is intended to be used by children under 10 only with the consent and oversight of a parent or a teacher or school or an adult supervisor for use as part of the school’s curriculum & books. An adult with a verified email address must download the App and create an account before permitting a child to use the App. Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under 10 without consent from a parent or guardian so that we may delete the information as soon as possible.
The following applies when a child uses the App with a parent’s or authorised adult consent and oversight:
- What information do we collect? We collect the user name and age of a child provided by the parent. We collect usage information when a child or parent uses the App, which we associate with the parent’s information. We do not collect other personal information from the child.
- How do we use this information? We use it to operate, personalise, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of our App. We do not use this information for marketing or advertising purposes.
- How do we share the child’s information? We share the information only with our service providers, others in the ISSSCHOOL family and otherwise as described above. We do not share the child’s information with third parties for their own purposes.
- How can a parent control the child’s information? The parent can change the child’s user name at any time in the App. A parent should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to permanently delete the child’s information from our systems.
Our App is available for private schools, government and underprivileged school to use as part of the School’s educational curriculum. Our App is designed to minimise the personal data collected and used, and we strive to implement best practices to protect the privacy of all of our users. Under Anu circumstances, while using our App, product and services, schools can not claim it as their product and they have to clearly state that this product is created & designed by iSSSCHOOL. Schools must not share our product and services in any platform without our written permission. Schools must not append or modify our product or include school logo or other details for marketing or any other purposes without our written permission. Individual schools will be solely responsible to oversight or monitor child’s activities while using the App.
Our website/ App is operated and managed from India. If you choose to use our App from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from Indian government law, then you acknowledge that we will transfer your personal information to the India for the purpose of performing the website/ App according to our contract (e.g., our Terms of Service) and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.
European Union Data Protection
For personal data subject to the European Union General Data Processing Regulations (GDPR), we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These legal bases include where:
- The processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations in our Terms of Service or other contracts with you (such as to provide you the App as described in our Terms of Service);
- You have given your prior consent, which you may withdraw at any time (such as for marketing purposes or other purposes we obtain your consent for from time to time);
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as in improving, personalising, and developing the App, marketing the App, such as new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
If you have any questions about or would like further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to personal information that we hold about them:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your personal information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information; and
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
You may also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Links to other sites
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
In the event of any dispute arising between the parties with respect to this Agreement, the same shall be referred to the Sole Arbitrator and the arbitration shall be in accordance with Arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996. The language of arbitration proceeding shall be English. The seat and place of arbitration shall be Mumbai and the decision of the Arbitrator shall be final and binding on both parties herein.
This contract shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and shall be governed by the Indian laws.
Please contact iSSSCHOOL with any questions or comments.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: iSSSCHOOL, 907 The Pacific, Sector 13, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410210
Note – Physical mailing address might not be operational during any pandemic, local lockdown or natural disaster situations, subjected to address change time to time and email will be considered as primary mode of communication.